The Terrytown Civic Association, organized in 1960, serves our community in the following ways:
- Publishes the Terrytown Trumpet, a monthly newspaper
- Conducts monthly public meetings
- Heads a Public Safety Committee
- Maintains a working relationship with the Parish Council
- Maintains a working relationship with the Parish Administration
- Works closely with the Sheriff’s Office to address crime
- Participates actively in correcting drainage problems
- Participates actively in efforts to beautify our community
- Supports neighbors impacted by proposed zoning changes
- Works closely with parish departments to address neighborhood complaints
- Supports our volunteer fire department
- Sponsors a Facebook group to share current neighborhood information
Meetings are held on the first Wednesday of every month at the Terrytown Golden Age Center located at 604 Heritage Avenue – across from the Terrytown Playground. (If the first Wednesday is a holiday, the meeting is held on the second Wednesday.) Meetings begin at 7 p.m. and are generally about an hour long. Meetings are open to the public.
The Board of Directors of the Civic Association consists of the President, Vice President, Treasurer, Recording Secretary, Corresponding Secretary and four Directors. The responsibilities of the officers, as described in the By-Laws of the Civic Association, can be found here.
The door is always open for everyone who wants to get involved and attend our monthly meetings. If you have issues that need to be addressed or brought before our membership and elected representatives, we strongly encourage you to attend.
If you are one of the over 620 Facebook users who enjoy receiving daily news and updates on the Terrytown Civic Association Group, or are one of the 24,000 residents living in Terrytown, you owe it to yourself to become active outside of Facebook and join your neighborhood civic association. Isn’t it about time you come see what your community is all about?
Membership is open to all current residents of Terrytown. Dues are only $20 for a year and include voting privileges and our monthly publication, “The Terrytown Trumpet”, mailed to your home or emailed. The larger the number of members, the greater the influence the officers of the Civic Association have when advocating for Terrytown with public officials, business owners, and real estate developers. Click here to join.